6th RSFQ design workshop – Ilmenau (Germany) – July 26-29, 2009June 26, 2009
The 6th FLUXONICS RSFQ design workshop is an activity of the European S-PULSE project and will be held at Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany on July 26-29, 2009.
We invited two distinguished researchers to the workshop:
- Prof. Akira Fujimaki, Nagoya University, Japan
- Prof. Vasili Semenov, Stony Brook University, USA
The aim of the workshop is to discuss recent developments and future activities in the field of Rapid Single Flux Quantum (RSFQ) circuit design with particular emphasis on the translation of scientific knowledge into industrial applications.
General agenda for the three days workshop:
26. July (Sun): Welcome reception and social event
27. June (Mon): Superconductive Electronics (SE) lectures, introduction to RSFQ technique, circuit design and testing. This first part is devoted to teaching the nature of RSFQ
electronics to PhD students and to R&D engineers from industry.
28. July (Tue): Oral presentations related to several technical issues and scientific aspects of SE design, such as: signal sensing, mixed-signal circuits, digital interfaces and high-level circuit design.
29. July (Wed): Introduction in design tools for RSFQ electronics and of the NioCAD software suite (University of Stellenbosch).
The oral presentations are presented by members of the S-PULSE team and international experts. The discussion will focus on practical design issues, practical testing and specific applications for scientific instruments, mixed signal interfaces, telecommunication, signal processing and high-performance computing.
Ilmenau is a small German city located 200 km east of Frankfurt and 300 km south of Berlin.
Arrival by plane:
via Frankfurt, Berlin or Leipzig: take a train to Erfurt and one of the hourly connecting trains to Ilmenau main station (Hbf.), train time tables:
The workshop will take place at the IBZ on the University Campus in Ilmenau.