The next S-Pulse (microcooling) workshop will be organized at the University of Twente on April 22nd and April 23rd. It is organized in the frame of the S-Pulse project which is an FP-7 Support Action of the EU. The workshop will be in the conference center Drienerburght, and participation is on basis of invitation.
After the first workshop in April 2008 and further discussions in 2009, we now will focus on the issues cost, standardization, size reduction and interference. Typical questions that will be addressed are:
- What determines the cost of a cooler?
- Is it possible to make a family of coolers that can be linked somehow and thus serve the needs of high-temperature (ca. 80K), medium-temperature (ca. 20K) and low-temperature superconductivity (ca. 4K)? (standardization as means to reduce cost)
- What size are we aiming for in the different applications?
- What are current developments in microcooling?
- What limits current coolers in their low-temperature efficiency and what R&D is needed to improve on that?
- Can we come up with “crazy” ideas to have higher-efficiency coolers in the low-temperature range (as one of the ways to get to smaller and probably also cheaper coolers)?
- Are there recent experiments with SE and coolers that give information on the acceptable interference levels (electro-magnetic, mechanical vibrations, temperature fluctuations)?
The workshop starts on Thursday 22nd at 11.00 and closes on Friday 23rd after lunch.
Apart from representatives from the SE community, also cooler manufacturers are invited.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is now open for the Savoie workshop on experimental considerations related to superconducting electronics. The workshop will take place from May 27 to 28, 2010 at the University of Savoie in the heart of Chambéry in France (see also the website of the tourism office). Workshop will start on May 27th at 9:00 am, to end on May 28th after lunch. There is no registration fee. Lunches and dinner are paid by S-PULSE project.
The main topic deals with experimental techniques of measurements related to superconducting electronics. It includes the techniques associated to the extraction of technological parameters, the measurements of digital RSFQ circuits, the characterization of detectors and the development of interfaces. It also includes cryogenic considerations related to the measurements of superconducting devices. Read the rest of this entry »
The S-Pulse cooler workshop will take place at the University of Twente on April 22nd and 23rd at the University’s conference hotel “Drienerburght”. The program will be Thursday full day and will end on Friday after lunch. More information available soon.
A post-doc on superconducting digital electronics (RSFQ logic ) is available at CEA-Grenoble in France.
See the subject
- A PhD position about nano-Josephson junctions is also available at CEA-Grenoble: see details.
- A PhD thesis about SIS muti-junctions used for Local Oscillator in submillimter heterodyne mixers is available at the Observatory of Paris: see PhD subject.
The second Twente microcooling workshop will take place at the University of Twente during May 14-15, 2009.
The workshop will start with lunch on Thursday 14th, followed by an afternoon session, and a diner together. On Friday 15, we will have a morning session and will close the meeting after lunch.
More information will be posted on this website later.
The second EUROFLUX Symposium will take place in the beautiful city of Avignon in France from September 20th to 23rd, 2009. To know more, go to the dedicated website at http://www.euroflux.org.
The first EUROFLUX Symposium took place in Naples from September 29th to October 1st, 2008 in Naples. The final scientific program is available at: http://www.fluxonics.org/euroflux2008.
The updated program, along with an electronic version of the presentations, can be found here.
A map to conference hotel “Drienerburght”, indicated with number 44 on the map, is available here.
Directions are available at the following addresses:
A workshop is organized at the University of Twente on (micro)cooling of miniature superconducting devices. It is organized in the frame of the S-Pulse project which is an FP-7 Support Action of the EU. The workshop will be in the conference center Drienerburght , on April 7th and 8th. Read the rest of this entry »